Singer Demi Lovato was taken to a Los Angeles hospital on Tuesday after a suspected heroin overdose, according to U.S. media reports.
Paramedics found Lovato, 25, unconscious in her home and treated her with Narcan, which is typically used for drug overdoses, said TMZ.com and US Weekly.
love & strength to you @ddlovato we’re all here for you baby girl ♥️
— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) July 25, 2018
People magazine, citing an unnamed source, reported Tuesday afternoon that the singer was “OK and stable.”
The Los Angeles Police Department only confirmed that officers responded around noon to a home in Hollywood for what was described as a medical emergency, but declined to provide further details.
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) July 25, 2018
In a single released last month, Sober, Lovato revealed that she had relapsed, singing: “Mommy, I’m so sorry I’m not sober anymore. And daddy please forgive me for the drinks spilled on the floor.”
Lovato, a teen star in Disney Channel television films, had struggled to beat cocaine and OxyContin addictions and had been clean for six years.